From time to time, I love myself some jewelry that looks like it is coming straight from your local hardware store. This hard plastic bracelet that closes with two sludges and a tube is by Cooee.
Ph/lesley van haren
White pumps are something I have never tried ever before and I thought my first time would be at my wedding – which will not happen anytime soon. Nevertheless I am wearing these gorgeous (and comfy!) white J.W.Anderson for Aldo pumps today and I believe they go perfectly well with the new fancy pants that I made this week. Fancy shoes AND jeans ask for a casual top, hence the utterly soft LNA jumper in this beautiful color I can not describe, but it is right in between dove grey and light minty green.
1. Fill your bucket with water and make sure the jeans are wet before you tie them with the rubber bands.
2. Wrench, so the jeans are not soaking wet.
3. Tie as many and as much rubber bands as you like until the jeans are all bundled up. There is no right or wrong in this case (less rubber means the more your jeans gets bleached). It is the easiest to start with the legs.
4. Put bleach in the bucket. They say it is 2 cups of bleach with 1,5l of water, but filled up the bucket with water and put in half of the bottle of bleach. It felt like the right thing to do and the bleaching took too long with just 2 cups.
5. Use your gloves to put the jeans in the bucket. An extra tip is to put something heavy on the jeans – for example an empty bottle of wine, like I did -, so your project stays completely under water (otherwise you have to flip the jeans every hour or so).
6. Check on your jeans every now and then.
7. When the jeans look white enough, take them out and put them in the washing machine.
8. Lay flat to dry.
When it comes to spring looks I tend to exchange the usual black for a fare amount of white. All white in this case. I think it is a look that is kind of hard to pull off, especially when your name is Sabrina and you are not that good with food (lunches usually make me have to exchange outfits). But it is fun to try from time to time.